TERMS OF SERVICE
- What Information Does Solo Parent Magazine Gather About You?
The information we gather when you interact with our Services falls into two categories: 1) personal information and 2) non-personal information. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, and contact information. You may supply personal information to us, for example, when you register on the Service, upload content, participate in a community, or provide your e-mail address. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Service and the Internet collected by us as well as through third parties.
- Personal Information Collected
Generally, you can browse our Services without submitting your personal information to us. Nevertheless, you may encounter circumstances in which you may be want to supply us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways this may occur.
- Registration: Should you choose to register for an account on the Service, you may be asked to provide some personal information including but not limited to your name, ZIP code, age, sex, household income, job industry and job title in order to complete registration.
- Personal Profile: Should you choose to set up a Personal Profile, you may be asked to provide personal information that will help identify you including but not limited to your name, ZIP code, age, sex, household income, job industry, job description, and job title.
- Receiving Emails: Should you choose to sign up to receive emails, newsletter or other information via email from SP you may be asked to provide your email.
- Account Verification: Should you forget your User ID and Password you may be asked to provide information that allows SP to verify your account
- Content Submission: Should you choose to submit content or other data and information on any part of the Service that permits it and or any other place on the Service where you knowingly volunteer personal information
- Contests, Sweepstakes and Special Offers: Should you enter into any SP contests, sweepstakes and special offers, SP collects personal information from you when you participate in sweepstakes, contests or special offers. If this information is also being collected by a third party other than SP, we will notify you at the same time. If you do not want any personal information shared, you should not participate in the sweepstakes, contest or special offer.
- Reader Surveys, Reader Panels and Market Research: SP my invite you to participate in Reader Surveys, Reader Panels and Market Research. Should you participate SP may collect personal information from you in connection with such voluntary surveys. Data may be collected through SP, on the phone or through the mail. The information you provide may be shared, but only in the aggregate, with advertisers and partners unless we notify you otherwise at the time of collection.
- Non-Personal Information Collected
SP may use a variety of Internet technologies to manage our Services and track use of the Services. Non-personal information that we collect using these technologies may be combined with other information about you. Should you interact with the Service, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually, and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Service. Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Device Information: We may collect non-personal information about the computer, browser, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the our Services, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information
- Non-identifiable Demographic Data: This may include data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code
- Analytics: We automatically log certain usage information about your use of our Services, including a reading history of the pages you view and usage information about your use of the Service.
- Traffic Data: Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Other: Other information regarding your use of the Service.
- Collection of Your Source IP Address
We collect and store your device’s source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the Service. We may also collect and store other location information about you and associated with your account.
- Collection of Personal Information From or Through Social Media Sites or Using Your Social Media Login
When you interact with any SP page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit, Instagram, or Pinterest, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account including your account ID or “handle.” However, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
- Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information From Other Sources
We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources (including from our offline interactions with you) to, among other things, enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience on the Service.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies through your browser. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Sites may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We also use unique website URLs to track your use of the Services and how you share information you find on the Services. We may link this information with your email address. We use this information to help us improve the Services and the type of content we make available on the Services.
- Is Personal Information Collected From Children?
SP does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age you should not provide personally identifiable information to SP without providing us with consent from your parents. If SP discovers that a child under the age of 16 has provided SP with personally identifiable information and we do not have parental consent, SP will immediately delete that child’s information from the Service.
- What Do We do with the Information We Gather About You?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Service. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- Provide the Services You Request:
We use the information we gather about you to enable your use of the SP Services, fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in and renew paid services, polls, contests, and message boards and to optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
- Statistical Analysis:
We perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of the SP Services, and their subscribing and purchasing patterns, for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base. We use this information for analysis purposes, including analysis to improve customer relationships.
- Customizing Your Experience:
We use the information that we collect to allow advertising to be targeted to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent. We also use this information to customize certain features of the SP Services to provide you with an enhanced experienced based on the type of device you are using to access the SP Services, and in certain cases, provide you with requested services. We may also use the information to personalize content and experiences on our Service, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
- Relevant Advertising:
We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on the SP Service to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This means users see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the ads. We disclose information to third parties only in aggregate or de-identified form.
We may use your information to assist in the uploading of your content to our Service as you request.
- Communicate with you:
We may use your information to assist us in attempts to communicate with you about your account (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on our Services, changes to our policies, communicate with you about your collection or stories or your comment to a community.
- Protect Our Customers:
We may use information to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- How Do We Use Your Location Information?
We use your location information to do the following:
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Service
- Do We Combine Your Personal Information?
We use the information from one portion of the Sites on other portions of Sites in our network of Sites or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by SP, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Sites into a single customer record or analysis or report.
- Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
- Business Partners and Third Parties
- Third-Party Agents
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, email and communication management, storage, content management tools, analytics, customer service, etc. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Service.
- Emergency Situations
We may also use or disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Service; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Service or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Service or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- Solo Parent Magazine E-mail Communications
E-mail communications sent from SP or through SP are designed to make your SP experience more efficient. By participating in the Services, you specifically agree to accept and consent to receiving e-mail communications initiated from SP or through SP. If you do not wish to receive any of our e-mail communications, please do not use the Services.
- What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your personal information. We exercise care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal information collected by our Service are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
- How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, SP, its affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website?
- Miscellaneous Terms
- Disclaimer Of Warranties And Limitation Of Liability
THIS SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED BY SP ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE; SP’s SERVERS; OR E-MAIL SENT FROM SP ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SP WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- Governing Law and Venue
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to our website or to products or services sold or distributed by Company shall be adjudicated in any State or Federal Court in Los Angeles, California, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
- Changes to This Policy
- How Do I Opt-Out or Correct Information About Me
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from SP. To opt-out, you can send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that you generally cannot opt-out of Service related announcements, e.g. if the Service is temporarily suspended or if delivery of a product or service is delayed.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of SP who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under the California “Shine The Light” law, California residents may opt-out of the SP’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. These Services will respect your browser’s Do Not Track signals (or other well-established, commercially available mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information). If we receive a Do Not Track notice, we will stop using any personal information for online behavioral advertising purposes. It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.